- Do you need a vent over your stove?
- Is it safe to put a shelf above a stove?
- How far should Microwave stick out from cabinets?
- Should I put my microwave over the range?
- Can you install a microwave above a gas stove?
- Do over the stove microwaves need to be vented?
- How high should a microwave be above a gas stove?
- How high does a cabinet need to be above a stove?
- How much space do you need around a microwave for ventilation?
Do you need a vent over your stove?
Most residential building codes do not require a range hood above a stove or cook top, but you’d be wise to ensure your locale is not the exception.
Even if it’s not legally required, you should think long and hard before forgoing a hood altogether..
Is it safe to put a shelf above a stove?
You should never store them near the stove, or over the stove, or on the stove. You should never store them in clear containers on a rack on your backsplash, or on the side of your fridge, or on the wall. Spices must be stored in dark bottles in a dark drawer or cabinet.
How far should Microwave stick out from cabinets?
For a Viking type cook top, the maximum depth for an adjacent wall cabinet (within six inches either side of stove) is 13 inches. From contributor B: My standard uppers are 12 1/2″ D. Micro cabs are 14 1/2″.
Should I put my microwave over the range?
1) Over the range This is a classic choice, especially in smaller kitchens. Tucked away neatly over your stove, the microwave does double duty as a hood vent. Over-the-range microwaves (also called OTR microwaves) are great space-savers, but note that in general they do not vent quite as well as a stand-alone hood.
Can you install a microwave above a gas stove?
All current over the range microwaves can be installed over gas cooking products up to and including 5 burner stoves. As long as the 66″ minimum from the floor to the top of the microwave is followed there will be no performance or warranty problem. This includes Advantium ovens and convection microwaves.
Do over the stove microwaves need to be vented?
Virtually all building codes require a ventilation system installed over the kitchen stove. This ventilation system has a light that illuminates the stovetop surface and a fan that removes smoke and steam from the air. Over-the-range microwaves have a light and fan built into the bottom of the appliance.
How high should a microwave be above a gas stove?
66 inchesMost microwaves set above a stove top require a total clearance of 66 inches from the floor to the top of the microwave. This can leave as little as 13 inches from the top of the burners to the bottom of the microwave, depending on the size of the microwave.
How high does a cabinet need to be above a stove?
The bottom of your overhead cabinet with the range hood installed should be 66 to 72 inches from the floor. These clearances ensure safe and efficient operation of your cooktop. Typically, the bottom of the remaining upper cabinets should be 18 inches above your counter top for the use of small appliances.
How much space do you need around a microwave for ventilation?
“It’s usually at least 15 in.” Trim kits, an option for built-ins you can add at any time, allow at least 1 1/2 in. of ventilated space around the unit. If you have your heart set on a cabinet-wall location but don’t have deep enough cabinets, the undercabinet shelf makes a great alternative.